A change in your situation — like getting married, having a baby, or losing health coverage — that can make you eligible for a Special Enrollment Period, allowing you to enroll in health insurance outside the yearly Open Enrollment Period.

There are 4 basic types of qualifying life events. (The following are examples, not a full list.)

  • Loss of health coverage
    - Losing existing health coverage, including job-based, individual, and student plans
    - Losing eligibility for Medicare, Medicaid, or CHIP
    - Turning 26 and losing coverage through a parent’s plan

  • Changes in household
    - Getting married or divorced
    - Having a baby or adopting a child
    - Death in the family

  • Changes in residence
    - Moving to a different ZIP code or county
    - A student moving to or from the place they attend school
    - A seasonal worker moving to or from the place they both live and work
    - Moving to or from a shelter or other transitional housing

  • Other qualifying events
    - Changes in your income that affect the coverage you qualify for
    - Gaining membership in a federally recognized tribe or status as an Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act (ANCSA) Corporation shareholder
    - Becoming a U.S. citizen
    - Leaving incarceration (jail or prison)
    - AmeriCorps members starting or ending their service

If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us via live-chat, email to support@twic.ai, or call us at 844-902-2902.

Did this answer your question?